The Florida Young NOW is committed to empowering and involving young feminists, encouraging an intergenerational voice, and strengthening ties and collaboration between activists of all ages. Our goal is to amplify the representation, chapter development, and input of young activists. We seek to also elevate state-coordinated collaboration and interaction between adult chapters and millennial chapters, while strengthening peer mentorship and relationships in the Florida NOW community.
The Florida Young NOW heavily prides itself in the mission to fight for equal representation, equal respect, equal consideration, and equal pay for all. We not only strive for equality, but for social justice, safety, liberty, stability, and positive change for all people. We aim to create this equality by building a strong and united intersectional approach in our campaigns as we fight against discrimination, racism, sexism, ableism, sexual violence, domestic violence, sexual trafficking, and other inequalities faced by communities all over the world. In doing so, we celebrate and embrace our differences as well as lift up the voices of marginalized communities so that we can better understand their narratives and fight against injustices.
The Florida Young NOW members actively strive to engage in their communities by petitioning their city councils, volunteering at their local domestic-violence shelters, registering voters for elections, organizing activist events against/for important legislation matters, and planning meetings where people of different communities can share their experiences.
Executive Board members:
- Chair: Cynthia Colas (Florida State University)
- Vice Chair: TBA
- Chief of Staff: Anna Baringer (University of Florida)
- Secretary: Willow Chiari (Florida State University)
- Director of Fundraising: Sirisha Gaddapati (University of Miami)
- Director of Political Affairs: Manè Grigoryan (Florida State University)
- Director of Public Affairs: Tiffany Walter (Florida Atlantic University) and Olivia Sunná (University of Central Florida)
- Director of Membership: Nica Angelica Ramirez (University of Central Florida)
- Director of Creative Designs: Demaree Rios (University of Miami)
- Director of Operations: Gillian Daley (Florida International University)
We are a newly organized, youth-centered state committee approved by the Florida NOW State Council. The Florida Young NOW includes chapter and Campus Action Networks from throughout the state. We invite feminist members of all backgrounds to engage in our community activism. If you’re in launching a Campus Action Network or High School Action Network, please contact Cynthia Colas, the Florida Young NOW President, at email@example.com.