NOW advocates for wide range of economic justice issues affecting women, from the glass ceiling to the sticky floor of poverty. These include welfare reform, livable wages, job discrimination, pay equity, housing, social security and pension reform, and much more.
- Is dedicated to ensuring economic protections for older women, who are all too often condemned to lives of poverty. We work to eliminate discrimination in pension plans, retirement programs, health insurance plans and social security.
- Supports public programs to provide early childhood development as well as quality of child care to meet the needs of children of all ages and their parents of all economic backgrounds.
- Actively supports full rights for homemakers and recognition for the economic value of the vital services they perform. We support legislation and programs reflecting the reality of marriage as an equal economic partnership.
- Actively pursue the rights of girls and women to full and equal educational opportunities.
- Opposes discrimination or gender segregation.
- Is unequivocally committed to equal distribution of financial resources to ensure equal opportunity in sports and recreation for girls and women.
- Will work toward reversing the feminization of poverty. We urge you to influence placement of more women into policy-making positions within our government, business, education, religion and media institutions. The requirement to teach Women’s Herstory in education is essential.
Additional Online Information: