For Immediate Release: June 6, 2023
President Debbie Deland, Florida NOW
TIME-SENSITIVE ACTION ALERT!
JOIN THE PETITION DRIVE TO “LIMIT GOVERNMENT
INTERFERENCE WITH ABORTION”
Governor DeSantis signed into law the 6-week abortion ban in the darkness of night on April 13, 2023. This law, like the 15-week ban before it, is dangerous and against the will of the majority of Floridians. It virtually bans abortion in our state and will continue to jeopardize women’s lives, their health, and shatter families.
FLORIDA NOW REACTS
Debbie Deland, Florida NOW President said, “Florida NOW is vigorously leading the drive to put legal abortion access on the 2024 ballot as a Constitutional amendment. When we win 60% supermajority approval in Nov 2024, we will succeed in reaching a major step towards Women’s Equality. On May 10, 2023 Floridians Protecting Freedom launched the citizen-initiated abortion access petition drive. The response is extraordinary all around the state and we need everyone to keep up the momentum. With many other organizations, groups, and individuals, we will advance women’s status in our country. In addition to FL NOW and its chapters driving this petition drive, many other groups are engaged, e.g., ACLU, Planned Parenthood, Women’s Voices of Southwest FL, FL Rising… We will make the choice to have an abortion legal.”
CALL FOR ACTION:
HERE’S WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE:
• Volunteers need to collect 900,000 Petitions, first deadline is December 31, 2023. Please note that petitions need to be mailed or dropped at a hub within seven days of signing.
• For link to download Petitions and to find a nearby hub, go to: https://floridiansprotectingfreedom.com/petition/ (https://floridiansprotectingfreedom.com/petition/).
• Petitions need to be filled out in black or blue ink.
• No petition will be accepted by email, scan, or fax – it must be the original hard copy petition.
• You cannot sign more than one petition.
• Only current, registered Florida voters can sign a petition.
• Must be written clearly, i.e., legibly. No scratch outs!
• No P.O. Box Address
• Enter County, not country
• Enter Birth Date in lieu of voter registration number
• Fully Complete Petition—sign and date
• Signature and Date Required
• Better to collect the signed petition than have the voter mail it
If local Hub not in your county, THE OFFICIAL HUB: Petition Collection (Floridians Protecting Freedom), Post Office Box 4068, Sarasota, FL 34230 and an Intake Sheet is requested.
Florida NOW (https://flnow.org/): is an intersectional grassroots organization that promotes feminist ideals, leads societal change, eliminates discrimination, and protects the equal rights of all women and girls in all aspects of social, political, and economic life.