There are many ways to get involved with Florida NOW! Here are just a few:
Attend an Event
Whether you’re interested in learning more about Florida NOW’s core issues, a state conference, or just being social with other like-minded feminists, we’ve got an event for you. Check out our event calendar for more information.
Become a Member
Join Florida NOW to stop the injustices you see around you. Each member of Florida NOW has a voice. Make your voice heard by joining NOW today! Membership in a local Florida chapter automatically enrolls you into National NOW (Washington DC) and Florida NOW. In addition to your local chapter newsletters (where applicable), you will also receive National and State NOW publications. When joining, you can select a chapter, or become a member at-large. Learn more about other Florida chapters here.
Renew your Membership
Already a member? Renew here.
We have numerous volunteer opportunities available for those looking to get involved in feminist activism. E-mail us to find out more.
Each semester Florida NOW interns participate in a wide range of activities that provide them with the tools and knowledge to become activist leaders. Interns work in one of the following three areas; President’s Office (Community Organizer), Communications and Legislative.
Depending on the area, duties may include:
- Attending meetings relating to Florida NOW’s strategic planning, policies, and initiatives
- Assisting in planning rallies and any other Florida NOW events
- Helping with social media pages for Florida NOW
- Attending activist events
- Keeping track of current legislation and news stories
- Conducting research on a variety of issues, and write informational collateral to educate the community on Florida NOW’s positions on a variety of issues, including: women’s reproductive rights, economic justice, racial justice, and constitutional equality
- Office of the President/Community Organizer Intern
- Communications Intern Program
- Legislative Intern Program
Interested candidates must complete this essay.
For more information about internship opportunities, please contact email@example.com