The Florida NOW Young Feminist Taskforce is committed to empowering and involving young feminists, encouraging an intergenerational voice, and strengthening ties and collaboration between activists of all ages. It aims to amplify the representation, chapter development, and input of young feminists. It strives to also elevate state coordinated collaboration and interaction between adult chapters and millennial chapters, while strengthening peer mentorship and relationships in the Florida NOW community.
The Florida NOW Young Feminist Taskforce heavily prides itself in the mission to fight for equal representation, equal respect, equal consideration, and equal pay for all. We not only strive for equality, but for social justice, safety, liberty, stability, and positive change for all women. We strongly believe that in order for all women to feel equal, we must fight against all acts of discrimination. Due to this stance, we all take a strong and united intersectional approach in our campaigns as we fight against discrimination, racism, sexism, sexual violence, domestic violence, sexual trafficking, and other inequalities faced by women all over the world.
The Florida NOW Young Feminist Taskforce members actively strive to engage in their communities by petitioning their city councils, volunteering at their local domestic-violence shelter, registering voters for the next election, organizing activist events against or for important legislation matters, and planning meetings where people share their experiences of being a women in their community.
Executive Board members:
- Chair: Cynthia Colas (Florida State University)
- Vice Chair: Olivia Treptow (Florida State University)
- Chief of Staff: Anna Baringer(University of Florida
- Director of Political Affairs: Lily Slotabec and Manè Grigoryan (Florida State University)
- Director of Communications: Tiffany Walter (Florida Atlantic University) and Olivia Sunna (University of Central Florida)
- Director of Membership: Nica Angelica Ramirezirez (University of Central Florida)
- Treasurer: Christina Jayaraj(University of Miami)
- Secretary: Willow Chiari (Florida State University
We are a newly organized, youth-centered, state committee approved by the Florida NOW State Council. The Florida NOW Young Feminist Taskforce includes chapter and CANs from throughout the state. We invite feminist members of all backgrounds, genders, sexes, races, and nationality to engage in our community and activism. If you’re in launching a Campus Action Network or High School Action Network, please contact Cynthia Colas, Florida NOW Young Feminist Taskforce President, at email@example.com.